TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. Express Instrument Hire Limited (hereinafter also known as “Express”) provide the services of hire, purchase, repair and calibration of electrical test, monitoring
and thermal imaging equipment. The Customer is the company or persons using the services of Express Instrument Hire Ltd. The services provided are in
accordance with Express’s terms and conditions of business and not that of the Customer. Express Instrument Hire Ltd terms and conditions will nullify all
other terms and conditions received.
2. Hire rates will be as specified in our price list, or as agreed, subject to a minimum period of time of one week or as agreed. Delivery and collection of the
equipment is charged at extra cost. All prices are excluding VAT, which will be added at the current rate upon invoicing.
3. The period of hire commences on the day the equipment is delivered to the Customer, or collected from our office by the Customer, and continues until
the equipment is collected by Express or returned by the Customer to the Express Instrument Hire Ltd office.
4. The hire period is one week of seven consecutive days inclusive and includes weekends and bank holidays. The Customer may retain the equipment for longer
than seven days without notice to Express. The extended hire of 1-2 days will be charged on a pro-rata basis with 3 days plus being treated as a full week
5. Discounts are given at the discretion of Express Instrument Hire Ltd for hired equipment only and will not include delivery and collection charges. The percentage
of discount will be agreed at the point of order prior to the hire commence date and will be based on the size of order and /or length of hire period as detailed in the
Express price list. Discounts may be re-negotiated during the hire agreement but will not be backdated to any previous period. If the hire is terminated prior to the
agreed period for which the discount has been given then Express reserve the right to withdraw and recharge any discount given as appropriate.
6. Orders for hired equipment may be cancelled in writing prior to despatch without any cost being incurred by the Customer. However, once the hired equipment has
been despatched, and prior to delivery, any subsequent cancellation of the order will be subject to a fee of 50% of the hire rate, plus carriage costs. After delivery
the order cannot be cancelled and our minimum hire charge of one week will apply.
7. The manufacturers instructions and other regulations of the hired equipment will be observed at all times by the Customer. The Customer shall be entirely
responsible for the proper use of the equipment, and also shall be responsible for any damage caused to the equipment through failure to observe such
instructions or regulations.
8. It will be the Customer’s responsibility when hiring equipment;
a) Not to subject the equipment to any unfair wear and tear or misuse, and to use the equipment in a proper manner.
b) To preserve Express Instrument Hire Limited’s or the manufacturer’s identification number or mark on any nameplate that may be on the equipment.
c) To keep the equipment safe from damage and in good condition whilst it is in the Customer’s use and possession.
d) To indemnify Express Instrument Hire Limited in respect of loss, theft or damage to the equipment howsoever caused, except for the fair wear and tear, and
normal use. In the event of loss, theft or damage, the Customer shall notify Express Instrument Hire Limited immediately. Express Instrument Hire Limited
will quote a sum covering the cost of repair including any re-calibration costs. If the equipment or accessories are lost, stolen or beyond economical repair then
a replacement cost including a calibration certificate if applicable will be quoted. Any quoted costs will also include an administration fee. Any loss on
income as a result of any such repair or replacement will be paid by the Customer and the normal hire rate shall continue until the full amount is paid to
Express Instrument Hire Limited.
e) To ensure that valid insurance is in place whilst the equipment is in the Customer’s possession or is being carried by the Customer’s use of third a party courier,
to cover for any loss or damage.
f) To ensure that the agreed delivery/collection details given to the Express are accurate and the Customer’s representative and equipment is available at the time
agreed. Should a delivery/collection fail due to non compliance, then Express reserve the right to re-charge the courier failed service fee to the Customer and
the hire charges will continue until the equipment has been collected.
g) In the event of the equipment being found defective on receipt or during use, Express Instrument Hire Limited must be notified immediately. A replacement or
repair will be carried out with minimum possible delay.
h) To not hold Express Instrument Hire Limited responsible for any loss, damage or injury (including death) to persons or property were the equipment is not used
in accordance with the terms and conditions as detailed in paragraph 7.
i) To not hold Express Instrument Hire Limited responsible for direct, indirect or any consequential loss under these terms and conditions.
TERMINATION OF HIRE
9. All hires are open ended and can only be terminated by informing Express Instrument Hire by telephone, fax or email. Express Instrument Hire Ltd cannot accept
any hire period or a future hire termination date stated on the Customer purchase order. Upon receiving the hire termination (off-hire) request Express Instrument
Hire will arrange the courier collection and will issue an off-hire collection reference number. The Customer may return the equipment using their own nominated
courier (which must include full replacement cost insurance), or in person to Express Instrument Hire Ltd. In this instance the hire termination will be day the
equipment is received at the Express Instrument Hire office.
10. Purchased equipment will be as specified in the written quotation from Express and will be valid for a period of 30 days from the date of the quotation. Delivery
of the equipment is charged at extra cost. All prices are excluding VAT, which will be added at the current rate upon invoicing.
11. Cancelled orders for purchased equipment will be subject to a re-stocking fee, which will be advised by Express Instrument Hire Ltd at the time of cancellation.
12. Any purchased equipment will remain the property of Express Instrument Hire Limited until full payment has been made for the equipment.
REPAIR & CALIBRATION
13. Calibration prices for the Customer’s equipment will be as specified in our price list or as quoted. Repair costs for the Customer’s equipment will be specified in
our written quotation. Collection and return delivery of the equipment is charged at extra cost. All prices are excluding VAT, which will be added at the current
rate upon invoicing.
14. If the equipment cannot be calibrated due to a fault and any such repair is not accepted by the Customer, then Express reserve the right to charge an inspection
fee. Equipment being returned to the manufacturer for repair and/or calibration will be subject to a handling fee. Also, a manufacturer’s inspection fee may apply,
of which Express will notify the Customer of the costs in advance. A quotation will be obtained by Express from the manufacturer and any instruction to proceed
will be made upon receipt of a written order from the Customer.
ACCOUNTS & PAYMENT TERMS
15. To apply for a credit account from the Express Instrument Hire Ltd, the Customer must supply their company’s registration details. Credit accounts will be given at
the discretion of Express and are subject to the payment terms which are within 30 days from date of invoice. Credit limits will be at the Express’s discretion.
Express Instrument Hire Limited reserves the right to charge interest/debt collection and administration fees on all overdue accounts. Express may also at its
discretion suspend or withdraw credit accounts without prior notice.
16. Where a credit account cannot be granted then Express may, at its discretion, offer the Customer a card payment account. When hiring equipment as set out in
notes 2 to 8 of the terms and conditions of business, the initial payment will be for the first weeks hire and carriage charges, if applicable. If the equipment is hired
beyond this period, the Customer will agree to a recurring weekly payment being taken for each subsequent week the equipment is kept, and that this agreement
will remain in place for the duration of the hire contract. The recurring weekly card payment also applies to credit accounts opting to make payment by card. If in
the instance that the card details which the Customer has supplied is cancelled or declined during this agreement, then the Customer will provide alternative card
details to enable payment for the duration of the hire contract. Express Instrument Hire Ltd, at its discretion, reserves the right to request a refundable security
deposit of which the Customer will be informed. This deposit will be refunded following the safe and complete return of the equipment and accessories hired.
17. In cases of payment default, Express Instrument Hire Limited is entitled to recover the hired or purchased equipment without notice.
Rev 8: 06/22