Which thermal imaging camera do I need?
This is a question we get asked on a regular basis at Express Instrument Hire. Probably the single most influential attribute of a thermal imaging camera is the detector size. The bigger the detector – the more pixels making up the thermal image. Because we can tell the temperature of every single pixel of a thermal image, the more pixels you have the more data you have. Also the more pixels you have the sharper the image will be. The sharper the image, the easier it is to see areas of interest/faults/water leaks/heat loss etc.
At Express we have tried to make this choice as simple as possible and have split it into 4 options:
|Basic Small detector Point and shoot||Typical applications:Blocked radiator, exposed pipes||Recommended camera:Flir E4, Flir E5|
Typical applications: Domestic heat loss in buildings, window fittings, Electrical panels, basic under floor heating
Typical applications: Water leaks, under floor heating, comprehensive building survey, cavity wall insulation
Typical applications: Veterinary, medical, film & TV
Recommended camera: Flir T660
If you’re looking to purchase your own camera but you’re not sure which camera is right for you? We have the answer with our try before you buy scheme.
- Simply hire a camera of your choice for 1 week
- The camera will be delivered to your door
- Use the camera and software in your field of work and put it to the test
- Take lots of images to gather invaluable data
- Once you have finished, contact us to arrange collection of the camera
- If you then decide to purchase your own camera within 4 weeks we will refund the 1 weeks hire charge – Making it absolutely free!!
What have you got to lose? Contact us to reserve your camera now!